Saturday, March 19, 2011

Blizzard Ride

Last Thursday, I was able to catch up with Epic Endurance riders Ben Welnak and Jeff Higham. It was quite the memorable ride that began in gorgeous 60 degree temps, but in the last 1.5  hours nearing midnight, we rode in blizzard like conditions.  According to the snow accumulation on my handlebar, snowing was coming down at a half inch per hour. I've wondered how a white fork would like on my Jet...

I need my Rocky Mountain Racing kit!  In trying to keep unglued on the climbs, I was constantly reminded of the Epic Endurance sponsorships while I'm still giving Mountain Dew free ad time.


The first climb in Ken Caryl was dubbed "Bitch Hill" by Ben which I soon found out why.  The second climb is Mount Falcon which luckily we didn't have to descend in the snow.  Toward the end of the 5.5 hour ride, our lights lit an infinite dirt path toward darkness which I thought had no end.  The tremendous amounts of snow blinding my vision made me feel like I was in hyperspace on the Millenium Falcon...



'Twas a great ride and looking forward to spending more Thursday nights with these guys!  Also, thanks Amy for the banana bread at the end of the ride, much appreciated!