Saturday, April 28, 2012

Today's Colorado Trail Ride

I took the suggestion of Ben Welnak of Twenty2 Cycles to ride Indian Creek and the Colorado Trail segment 1 for the first time and I can see now what all his rave has been about. As a New Englander, it brought me back home which created so much life to this ride. Good thing because I'm not quite sure what possessed me to pack a 20 whatever lb bag this deep into successive training days since the Voodoo Fire race last Saturday. Here's the ride details on Strava. Unfortunately, I was chased out of Buffalo Creek by threatening weather which shortened my ride by a few hours. Next time! That just means I'll have more energy tomorrow when I'm off to Nederland for the West Mag and Dot trails and if I'm fealing frisky I may see how Sourdough is fairing. I absolutely love West Mag since it's another trail system that reminds me so much of back home. Here's today's set up which includes seven water bottles, two of everything, lights, 2000 calories, and I thought of packing an extra saddle since the one in the photo has a bent rail and is probably on borrowed time.

Photo