Saturday, September 22, 2012

Preparing for 3 24 Solos

Stating that I am emotionally charged is an understatement. Taking on 3 24's in 5 weeks isn't going to be an easy task and will be a trip to remember, including the good and the not so good. I've been revisited by a special thought this morning. I understand that the races are races and in the moment, it looks like you're in a battle with the riders ahead and behind you but this is nowhere near the case. It's not a battle, it's a war within oneself and the only person I've truly competed against is the very person that intimidates me the most...myself. Nothing scares the shit out of me more than my own expectations. I have so much respect for all the fantastic riders that I will see very shortly because I know that they think the same. I know they're out to challenge themselves and see how alive one can truly feel.

I know that all this training, racing, and challenges I present myself are to maintain my sanity. Honestly, if I passed on these 24's it would create an insanity that would just rip me apart. So here goes nothing, for all those training rides and all the justice I need in my life, I'm ready to throw down. I'm so motivated by the poor relationships in the past that didn't show an ounce of support for my habits and for the lady that hit me with her 4Runner in January. This is a message that I've left those people behind. I just wish I could race myself from this past June when I won my first 24 hour solo because psychologically and physically I would kick the snot out of that dude. I'm not going to lie, I have had detailed thoughts of going down to the 24 Hours of Enchanted Forest course next spring all by myself to set up shop, simulate the race, and beat my results from June. I wouldn't put it past me. Besides, it would give me more time on the Nationals course for 2013 and 2014.

See you out there,

Tim